What I do:
I'm committed to doing what I can to improve people's health and wellbeing. I want to continue working with leading organizations in health and development, and build on 20 years of experience in journalism, global health, communication, advocacy, program design and photography. I'm skilled in project design and management; creating, implementing and analysing communication and advocacy programs; research; writing in almost every form; and conceptualising and producing multimedia projects. In addition to health, I believe climate change, the environment, girls' education and women's empowerment are the most pressing issues of the day. I am an experienced photographer and love telling stories from the field.
- Lead a team and bring the right people together to get the work done
- Tell powerful stories through photos, words, video and sound
- Design strategies and technical programs in health, communication and advocacy
- Communicate confidently and engage leaders, peers, policymakers and communities with powerful evidence-based messages
- Research and analyse communication and advocacy programs, and recommend new approaches
- Write for print and broadcast news, features, opinion editorials, articles, speeches and reports
- Think outside the box and design creative, innovative approaches that get results
- Bring vast knowledge and experience in health and development and learn new issues very quickly.
Some recent work examples: